RidgeHaven - Unique property, recently given the “all over” treatment, private but only 8-10 minutes from Helen
- Unique property, recently given the “all over” treatment, private but only 8-10 minutes from Helen
- 5 bedrooms, three with king beds, one with queen bed, one with twin beds, 3 full baths, one on each of three floors
- Latest Windstream Kinetic TV and 250 mbps WiFi
- 22 KW Generac Generator, 500 gallon dedicated tank, runs whole house in case of power failure (including hot tub and well pump)
- Awesome view 360 degrees in winter, twelve miles to north year-round (can see most of the vast Tray Mountain Wilderness Area; in winter see 3 of 5 highest points in GA, including the two highest, Brasstown and Rabun Balds)
- Highly accessible except during the worst snow/ice events (4WD recommended then)
- Packed gravel parking for up to 5 cars or trucks
- Roomy main deck surrounds on three sides (further described below)
- North part of deck has fabulous view; new gas fire pit here with cushioned chairs, seating at least six people
- South deck has new Broil King gas grill with cover, cushioned seating and table for at least six people
- Also on the south deck, under roof, is our new hot tub, complete easy on/easy off cover, 47 powerful jets, Bluetooth capability, and multicolored lights.
- Waterproof box for all cushions is located between the main entry door and the grill
- Entry door has a new locking mechanism; you will receive the code and other instructions before your visit
- Inside, the Great Room is quite impressive, with towering glass windows that give occupants a continuous view to the north, the “roadside pullout” view
- All furniture in the great room is new, except the dining table, which has been in the family for years. The television is a 55-inch LG mounted to the wall with moveable arm. An efficient and excellent gas log fireplace and pieces on the walls complete this room
- Dining area seats up to ten people comfortably
- Kitchen is adjacent Great Room, fully equipped with electric stove and matching microwave, refrigerator with ice maker, dishwasher, Keurig coffee maker with ample condiments and K-cups, toaster oven, mixer, blender, toaster, and mini-Quisinart. Kitchen has all the standard utensils for most cooking.
- Laundry room just off kitchen, washer and dryer, iron and board, necessities for these
- Master bedroom is on this floor, has its own private bath, huge (6’X10’) walk-in closet, king bed, television
- Upstairs are two more bedrooms with king beds: Sunrise (east side of the house, gets sun first) and Balcony (access to outdoor balcony over hot tub with outstanding views, swing, and chairs, plus shared access to balcony overlooking Great Room.
- Balcony overlooking Great Room has fine leather seating for 3-4 people, another Keurig coffee maker with cups and all condiments
- Downstairs from the main floor is another full bathroom plus two more bedrooms. It is quite dark here without artificial light, so we dubbed this area “The Dungeon.” Dungeon I bedroom has a new queen bed and is appointed very nicely so a couple could easily use it. Dungeon II has twin beds and is, like all rooms at RidgeHaven, tastefully decorated.
A full description of this hideaway house is available on both Vrbo and Airbnb. Minimal renting time is 5 nights; and maximum rental time is 28 nights.
NOTE: YOU CAN TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR OF RidgeHaven BY CLICKING THE "VIDEO" ICON AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
Please note that we do not provide booking information directly through this site. However, we've partnered with two of the leading booking/rental sites on the Internet today, Vrbo and Airbnb, to provide you with all the booking details, reviews, and booking calendars. With online booking and payment, you could be set up for a dream cabin getaway in just minutes!
Below are the links for RidgeHaven on those respective sites:
For Vrbo booking information, click here.
For Airbnb booking information, click here.
RESTRICTIONS AT RIDGEHAVEN
- The primary renter at RidgeHaven must be at least 30 years old
- Two areas are off limits to guests: (1) The hall closet upstairs with a hasp and combination lock in it. Housekeeping keeps most of their supplies for cleaning and replacing all linens, etc, in this closet; and (2) The entire small garage, where numerous pieces of extra furniture, more supplies, rugs, small engine appliances such as blower, weed eater, chain saw, and the like are stored
- The garage MAY be entered as an escape route for guests in the downstairs bedroom in the unlikely event of fire or some other disaster. The doors are locked only from the outside, easy to open from the inside.
- NOISE is our worst enemy. This is a residential neighborhood, not a rental neighborhood, and excessive noise could result in our privilege to rent this property being withdrawn. NO NOISY VEHICLES, MOTORCYCLES (negotiable if yours is one of the well-muffled varieties), FIREWORKS, SHOOTING FIREARMS, etc.
- Deck cushions MUST be stowed after use, lest they become wet and unusable. Put them in the waterproof bin unless the weather report states zero chance of rain; when leaving, putting them away is another important task. DO NOT PUT WET CUSHIONS IN THE BIN! PUT THEM INSIDE SO THEY CAN DRY! AFTER DRYING WE WILL EVALUATE WHETHER REPLACEMENT IS NECESSARY.
- Safety features include three fire extinguishers in strategic places, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors for each floor, and metal escape ladders for upstairs occupants in case of fire or other disaster. DO NOT REMOVE THESE LADDERS FOR ANY REASON, THEY ARE NOT TOYS. Any evidence of tampering with them AT ALL will result in our replacing them and charging for the cost of a new one.